Sunday 11 March 2012

My Guilty Pleasures... aren't so Guilty

I was recently watching a programme on the box, it was on of those film review bits, where a celebrity is asked about their favourite film choices and then reveals their film guilty pleasure. It got me wondering about  mine.

Lets start with my film pleasures; Dune "And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach" and musicals Sister Act, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Burlesque etc.

Strawberry flavoured Angel Delight is high on the general pleasures list.

Craft/Design Mags may be more of a growing addiction, especially as they can not be thrown away. Or is that just hoarding?

Sugar Sifters - growing collection?? Or more hoarding?

As I write this, I realise that my guilty pleasures aren't so guilty... so with that said I will continue my list of pleasures.

Jam making, preserving and pickling is all part of my attempt at becoming some sort of domestic goddess. There is aslo the added realisation that no matter how good shop bought products are homemade always, always tastes better.

Notebooks are scattered around my studio space, most have had some kind of use, few have ever been finished.

Macaroni Cheese, hmm, hot fresh with stringy cheese sauce - homemade ofcourse. The thought makes my eyes roll back in my head and I think I'm mentally purring.

Tea - the proper stuff, I freely admit to being a bit of a tea snob. As a result, I try and avoid prepacked teabags unless I made them. Loose leaf is the way. Today I bought some fabulous Gunpowder and Mint at The Tea House in Convent Garden.

TTNF

MagpieSpirit


No comments:

Post a Comment