Monday 12 March 2012

Jem Made This - Covered Button Broach





I recently joined my local WI  group (Shoreditch Sisters) upon signing up I was given a white sticky label to write my first name on and stick on myself. Easy, so far. While waiting for the proceedings to start a member shouted out asking for safety pin, to our shame, (he he) within a group of  approx. 40 ladies that had gathered so far, not one safety pin available. The member jokingly quipped "Ladies we are the WI", to some laughter. But that got me thinking if we are the WI, my white sticky label needs to be upgraded. You can see the result.

If you want to reproduce this covered button broach, you will need:

An embroidery hoop
some coloured embroidery thread
8" square piece of fabric of your choice
38cm or larger self-covered button blank (ideally the type with a safety pin on the back, otherwise you will need a safety pin)
An embroidery needle (or one that has an eye big enough for the thread to go through)
And little imagination and depending on your design and sewing skills, anything from 20 minutes to 3 hours to sew.

I felt I wanted to add alittle bling, so I also used my glue gun.

Happy sewing.

I would love to see any attempts at this project please email any pictures to jamila@magpiespirit.com.

TTFN

MagpieSpirit

No comments:

Post a Comment